We are a church passionate about the next generation of Christ followers. We partner with parents in seeing the children and youth of our church grow to love and treasure Christ.
The Internet is now part of our culture. It is a gift for discipleship (though there is much bad stuff on it). Our kids use the internet nearly every day. Here are some sites
This was the hardest group to find good quality sites for. ABC for kids is so much better than anything Christian I have found. However, here are 4 worth exploring
- http://www.veggietales.com/ – Games, activities and stories for kids
- http://kidbuilder.net/ – Some good Memory verse puzzles for kids who can read. Not everything on this site is helpful
- http://www.biblesociety.org.au/discover-the-bible/for-kids – Animated kids stories
- http://growingfaith.com.au/kids– Some simple games/stories for kids
There is lots of great resources for Youth on the Web. The best is http://fervr.net/. This is an Australian site for Australian youth. It is well made, well resourced.
If you would like to encourage your Youth to read the Bible in a different way then http://www.epicstory.net/ is a great resource. 16 videos on the 16 chapters of Mark’s gospel. They watch and read and pray. Quality stuff
Resourcing Christian parents is a growing area on the Web. There is lots of good sites worth utilising to equip yourself for the joy of parenting.
- http://growingfaith.com.au/ – This is the best one. Australian. Great, relevant articles. If you only read one site to help you parent in a godly way then this is a great one.
- http://www.orangeparents.org/ – This is an American site that connects parents trying to grow bold children for Christ. Really interesting stuff
- http://www.pluggedin.com/ (H/T Michelle) – This is a site offering reviews of the latest music/games/movies that our kids may want to watch/listen or play. It’s worth knowing what our kids are filling their minds with.